|Publishing web pages using MyFiles|
Your MyFiles (NetDisk) space can be used to publish web pages on the Internet. This space can be used to share web pages, files and documents.
To publish web page files you will need to set up a special shared directory, public.www.
If you have difficulty configuring or accessing your MyFiles space, please contact the Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 529-7900.
Set up your public.www directory
Important Note: Some users have noticed that when following the instructions below, they see only the Advanced permissions view, and not the Basic view they are used to. This is how netDisk/MyFiles functions normally, and is no cause for concern. The permissions are still set the in the same way.
1. From myMiami, access NetDisk or go to https://www.netdisk.miamioh.edu and log in with your Miami UniqueID and password.
2. From the Jump to drop-down box, choose MyFiles.
3. In the navigation pane on the left, choose Create Directory.
4. For the new directory name, type: public.www (This directory name must be entered exactly as shown or published pages will not function.)
5. Click Create Directory. A public.www folder will be created and will appear on your Directory Listing page.
6. Click the Share link located next to the newly created public.www folder.
7. In the UserId field type: udsweb
8. If you are in the Basic view, select the checkboxes Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read. Under the Applies To: drop-down menu, select This folder, subfolders, and files.
9. Click Apply.
Your MyFiles space is now ready to be used for publishing web pages on the Internet and can be accessed by visiting http://www.users.miamioh.edu/UniqueID. (Replace the italicized portion with your own UniqueID; for example, http://www.users.miamioh.edu/publicjq)
Publish web pages with NetDisk or M drive
2534 web publication uds myfiles universal disk space directory public.www website student org
Web Development - Technical | Network Storage
|Solution ID: 040972654002534@kpol17||
Last Modified Date: 08/28/2014 09:42:50 AM